Objective MCQ Questions on Air Pollution
We have compiled MCQs on Biology to help you in preparing for any examinations. Objective MCQ questions with answers on Air Pollution frequently feature in competitive and academical examinations. Our questions with answers will empower you with general knowledge on Air Pollution.
1. Who was the first scientist to coin the term SMOG and to describe the layers of SMOG?
(a) Nikola Tesla
(b) Stephen Hawking
(c) Dr Henry Antoine
(d) Nicolaus Copernicus
Answer: (c) Dr Henry Antoine.
2. Which of the following pollutants are responsible for the cause of SMOG?
(a) From incinerators
(b) Emissions from vehicles
(c) Both incinerators and emissions from vehicles
(d) None of the above
Answer: (c) Both incinerators and emissions from vehicles.
3. Which of the following is called the secondary air pollutant?
(c) Carbon monoxide
(d) Nitrogen Dioxide
Answer: (b) Ozone.
4. Which of the following particles is called the particulate pollutants?
(c) Fly Ash
Answer: (c) Fly Ash.
5. Which of the following agents is responsible for turning the Taj Mahal yellow?
(c) Sulphur dioxide
(d) Nitrogen dioxide
Answer: (c) Sulphur dioxide
6. Which of the following statements is true about SMOG?
(a) SMOG is derived from the fog
(b) SMOG is derived from smoke
(c) SMOG is derived from water vapour
(d) SMOG is derived from both fog and smoke
Answer: (d) SMOG is derived from both fog and smoke.
7. What type of precautions should be taken to survive when the ozone level is high?
(a) Drive less
(b) Stay hydrated
(c) Both A and B
(d) Go for a long walk
Answer: (c) Both A and B.
8. Which of the following statements is true about the Air Quality Index?
(a) It indicates the colour of the air.
(b) It predicts ozone levels in your area.
(c) It determines the intensity of sound and sound pollution.
(d) It estimates air pollution mainly sulphur content in the air.
Answer: (b) It predicts ozone levels in your area.