1. ‘Black Gold’ refers to
2. In which of the following states is Rosa Power Plant located?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
3. Which of the following states is the Sugar Bowl of India?
A. Tamil Nadu
B. Andhra Pradesh
C. Himachal Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
4. Which one of the following lives the three largest states of India (in terms of geographical area) in the correct descending order?
A. Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
B. Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan
D. Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh
5. Which one among the following types of forests exhibits highest bio-diversity ?
A. Dry deciduous forest
B. Mangrove forest
C. Tropical rain forest
D. Moist deciduous forest
6. Which one of the following is not conducive to the formation of deltas?
A. Calm winds
B. Currents and Tides
C. Absence of large lakes along the course of the river
D. Sheltered coastline
7. In which of the following States is Sambhar lake located?
D. Madhya Pradesh
8. For the cultivation of which crop is black soil moat suitable?
9. Khaddar soils are found
A. over steep slopes
B. over low plateaux
C. in piedmont plains
D. in flood plains
10. Himadri is the term by which the _____ are known.
A. Western Ghats
B. Middle Himalayas
C. Siwalik Ranges
D. Greater Himalayas