Engineering Questions with Answers - Multiple Choice Questions
Civil Engineering Drawing MCQ’s – Computer Aided Drafting
____________ is a rectangular pattern of lines or dots which covers in the entire XY plane of user coordinate system.
Explanation: Grid is used to inhance the drawing speed and efficiency with specified spacing, angle and alignment. Snap restricts the movement of the crosshairs to intervals that you define.
Which command converts discrete object in polyline?
Explanation: Some reasons you may choose to use polylines include the following: • Vertices remain joined even after grip editing • Absolute line width (as an alternative to relative line weight) that can be constant or tapered across a segment • Move and copy a polyline as a unit • Easily create rectangles and polygons as single objects • Smart application of non-continuous line types across vertices • Easy extrusion for 3D solids in AutoCAD.
The offset command cannot be used to create__________
a) Concentric circles
b) Vertical straights
c) Three parallel lines
d) Parallel arcs
Explanation: To offset an object, select the source object; click the offset button from the Edit Object Toolbar. Specify a point on canvas to offset through using tap or drag.
The Offset command creates a new object whose shape is parallel to that of the selected object. The Offset button is located in the Edit Object toolbar when tapping on any editable shape.
After the offset distance was specified, you can set it manually by inserting a value to the units bar (by tapping on the input box). Tap “Done” (“V” button) to finish specify the distance.
Which axis is not used when working in 2-D frame?
Explanation: The User Coordinate System defines
• The XY plane, also called the work plane, on which objects are created and modified
• The horizontal and vertical directions used for features like Ortho mode, polar tracking, and object snap tracking
• The alignment and angle of the grid, hatch patterns, text, and dimension objects
• The origin and orientation for coordinate entry and absolute reference angles
• For 3D operations, the orientation of work planes, projection planes, and the Z axis for vertical direction and axis of rotation
You can change the location and orientation of the current UCS by clicking the UCS icon and using its grips, or with the UCS command.
Display options for the UCS icon are available with the UCSICON command.
What is the minimum allowable numbers of layers in a drawing?
Explanation: The following are the most commonly used layer settings in the Layer Properties Manager. You click the icon to turn the setting on and off.
• Turn off layers. You turn off layers to reduce the visual complexity of your drawing while you work.
• Freeze layers. You freeze layers that you do not need to access for a while. Freezing layers is similar to turning them off, but improves performance in very large drawings.
• Lock layers. You lock layers when you want to prevent accidental changes to the objects on those layers. Also, the objects on locked layers appear faded, which helps reduce the visual complexity of your drawing, but still lets you see the objects faintly.
• Set default properties. You set the default properties for each layer, including color, linetype, line weight, and transparency. New objects that you create will use these properties unless you override them. Overriding layer properties is explained later in this topic.
Which is corresponded to zoom mouse wheel?
b) Zoom in/ Zoom out
c) Pan and scan
Explanation: To use the Zoom command’s Window option, you click one corner, release the mouse button, and then click the other corner. Realtime: Enables you to zoom in and out by starting a realtime zoom and then dragging the magnifying-glass cursor up (to zoom in) or down (to zoom out).
What setting gradient allows us to fill an open area?
Explanation: For adding tolerance in AutoCAD dimensions, you can create a new dimension style with tolerance values and settings. This dimension style containing tolerance values can be applied wherever tolerances are required. To make a dimension style with tolerances, type “D” or “DIMSTYLE” on the command line and press Enter. The Dimension Style Manger window will pop up. Click on the New button from this window, give your new dimension style a name and click on the Continue button. For example, I will name this dimension style “Tolerance Dim.”
Which of the following is not a unit of length measurement?
Explanation: The gradian is a unit of measurement of an angle, equivalent to 1/400 of a turn, 9/10 of a degree, or π/200 of a radian. It is also known as gon (from Greek γωνία/gōnía for angle), grad, or grade. In continental Europe, the French term centigrade was in use for one hundredth of a grad. This was one reason for the adoption of the term Celsius to replace centigrade as the name of the temperature scale.