1. Which is UN Programme and not special agency?
2. Who is the author of the famous novel ‘Gone with the Wind’?
3. Which mammal rolls itself into ball at the time of danger?
4. Which State has the largest forest area. ?
5. Sufi Kalam, a type of devotional music, is the characteristic of which state?
6. Which Directive Principle of State Policy has NOT been implemented so far?
7. When some detergent is added to water, what will be the surface tension?
8. What is the situation with increasing unemployment and inflation termed?
9. Port Blair – the capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, is located in which island?
10. What was the original name of Tansen, the most famous musician at the court of Akbar?
11. Which Sanskrit poet called as the Indian Shakespeare?
12. How many chamber are found in the heart of frog?
13. Which amendments accorded precedence to Directive Principle over Fundamental Rights?
14. Which is the biggest lake in India?
15. Which Indian ruler established embassies in foreign countries. on modern lines?
16. In an atom the order of filling up of the orbitals is governed by which principle?
17. Which decade is celebrated as United Nations Decade for Women?
18. Which agency has the power to declare any industrial unit as a potentially sick unit?
19. Which are the west-flowing rivers of southern Indian which flow into Arabian Sea?
20. When was the Indus Valley Civilization flourished?
1. UNEP 2. Charles Dickens 3. Hedgehog 4. Gujarat 5. Kashmir
6. Uniform civil code for the citizens 7. Increases 8. Stagflation 9. South Andaman 10. Ramtanu Pande
11. Kalidas 12. 3 13. 42nd Amendment 14. Chilka Lake 15. Tipu Sultan
16. Aufbau principle 17. 1976-1985 18. BIFR 19. Narmada and Tapti 20. During 2500-1750 B.C
1. Sex determination of child is done by whose chromosome?
2. Who is authorised to decide over a dispute regarding disqualification of a member of Parliament?
3. Who firstly demonstrated experimentally the existence of electromagnetic wave?
4. Which is not essentially a species of the Himalayan vegetation?
5. What are the main channels of our knowledge about the Indus Valley Civilization?
6. When is International Human Solidarity Day observed?
7. The United Nations declared 2001 as which International Year?
8. What is the effect of overseretion of harmone from pituitary gland?
9. Which type of forest covers the maximum area in India?
10. What was the rate of land revenue as ‘given in the dharma shastras ?
11. The Lok Sabha is called in session for at least how many times in a year’?
12. Heating pyrites in air to remove sulphur is known as which name?
13. If the cash-reserve ratio is lowered by the Central bank, what will be its effect on credit creation?
14. The Matatila multipurpose project is located in which state?
15. What did the name ‘Ratnakara’ denoted In ancient Indian historical geography?
16. ‘Queen’s berry Rules’is the name. give to the rules in which game?
17. By whom the concept of survival of the fittest as advanced?
18. When can the salaries of High Court judges be reduced?
19. Which shipyard is known for the manufacture of bargets, coasters and dredgers?
20. In which country was Buddhism first propogated outside India?
1. Father 2. President 3. Hertz 4. Mahogany 5. Archaeological excavations 6. December 20
7. International Year of Volunteers 8. Increase growth in lenght 9. Tropical moist deciduous forest 10. 1/6
11. Thrice 12. Roasting 13. Increase 14. Uttar Pradesh 15. The Indian Ocean
16. Boxing 17. Herbert Spencer 18. During a Financial Emergency 19. Garden Reach Shipyard 20. Srilanka
1. There is no net transfer of energy by the particles of the medium in which waves?
2. Jaspal Rana is a distinguished athlete in which game?
3. Which provides the largest part of the demand for loanable funds in India?
4. Moho discontinuity lies at the depth of approximately howmany kilometers?
5. Who was well-known patron of the Mahayana of Buddhism?
6. From the evolutionary point of view, which is the most primitive animal?
7. By whom are the Chief Justice and other Judges of the High Court are appointed?
8. What is reduction of oxide with carbon at high temperature called?
9. Which is the higest plateau in the world?
10. Who authored the Tamil epic ‘Silappadikaram’ ?
11. S. Vijaya Lakshmi and Nisha Mohita are associated with which game?
12. How many gold medals did India win at the XIth Asian Games?
13. At what level does the Natura 2000 network operate?
14. Which atmospheric layer that reflects radio waves is called?
15. How is Manimekalai is looked?
16. Where can the report of the UPSC discussed?
17. Conversion of chemical energy into electrical energy occurs in which thing?
18. What is the main source of revenue to meet different expenditures?
19. What is a line on a map which joins places having the same rainfall called?
20. Which Gupta king is famous for his courageous stand against the Hunas?
1. Stationary waves 2. Shooting 3. Corporate businesses 4. 400 km 5. Kanishka 6. Turtle 7. President 8. Smelting 9.
Pamir Plateau 10. Ilango 11. Chess 12. One 13. European 14. Ionosphere 15. As the Odyssey of Tamil 16. In Parliament
before being accepted 17. Battery 18. Internal borrowings 19. Isohyet 20. Skanda Gupta
1. Which game is Davis Cup associated with?
2. When did the last female Alpine ibex disappear in France?
3. To whom is the resignation letter of a State Public Service Commission member addressed?
4. Equatorial forest of the Amazon basin is known as by which name?
5. To which work is Devichandraguptam related?
6. Purification of petroleum is carried out by which method?
7. Saraswati Samman is given annually for outstanding contribution to which field?
8. From which sector is the largest contribution in India’s National Income?
9. Thick stems and thorny wax coated leaves are commonly found in which area?
10. Who is most famous for” the establishment of an elaborate system of municipal administration?
11. What is the short upper part of the human intestine next to the stomach?
12. Which is the State having the largest population of scheduled castes?
13. Where will be the Time period in a vibration magnetometer infinite?
14. Which is considered to cause an adverse of effect on Indian monsoon?
15. Who was a lexicographer?
16. Who was the first Indian to be honoured with a lifetime achievement Oscar Award?
17. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat?
18. Which technique can be used to establish the paternity of a child?
19. Which region does not receives much rainfall in the south-west monsoon season?
20. By whom was the city of Agra founded in 1504?
1. Tennis 2. 2000 3. Governor 4. Selvas 5. Chandra Gupta II
6. Fractional distillation 7. Literature 8. Tertiary sector 9. Deserts 10. Chandragupta Maurya
11. Duodenum 12. Utter Pradesh 13. At magnetic pole 14. El-nino 15.Amarslrnha
16. Satyajit Roy 17. 32” 18. Quantitative analysis of DNA 19. Tamil Nadu coast 20. Sikandar Lodi
1. Which country has the briefest Constitution in the world?
2. Which petroleum refinery product has the lowest boiling point?
3. In which policy India opted for ‘Mixed Economy’?
4. In which state has India’s largest private sector sea port been commissioned recently?
5. By whom was the ‘Shahnama’ written?
6. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch?
7. By whom was Gene first isolated?
8. Who was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Indian Constitution?
9. Which is the longest national Highway in India?
10. In which region of India was the Suharawadi order of Sufism popular?
11. By which impact is Nuclear fission is caused ?
12. Which was the first woman to climb Mount Everest?
13. What is the task of the Planning Commission?
14. How many PIN CODE Zone divided in the country?
15. By whom was the Bhakti Movement first organised?
16. By whom was Insulin discovered?
17. How long did the Constituent Assembly take to finally pass the Constitution?
18. Which is purest form of iron?
19. Automatic approval upto 51 % in the enfrastructure seety was given in which year?
20. During which reign was the East India Company founded in London?
1. USA 2. Gasoline 3. Industrial Policy of 1948 4. Andhra Pradesh 5. Firdausi
6. 3½ ft 7. Hargobind Khurana 8. B. R. Ambedkar 9. NH 7 10. Punjab and Sind
11. Neutron 12. Junko Tabei 13. Preparation of the plan 14. 8 15. Ramananda
16. Dr. F G. Banting 17. About 3 years since Dec 9, 1946 18. Wrought iron 19. 1991 20. Akbar
Also read: MCQs on GK for Competitive Exams