General Knowledge (GK) objective questions are very important in preparing for UPSC, state PSC, banks, railways or any other competitive exams. We have compiled MCQ questions with answers, objective questions with answers and other other relevant study material for competitive examinations. If you are preparing for any of these exams, you are at the right place and we will provide you with all the resources in getting better rankings.
In this post we are listing 5000 frequently asked questions questions with answers for all competitive examinations held in India. The objective questions cover wide array of subjects like History, Geography, Economy, Polity, Sports and Science. This massive collection of MCQ questions and objective questions will help you in preparing above mentioned subjects.
Each section consists of 20 questions and their answers are listed below the questions we request you to prepare well because we have the same set of questions as mock tests to counter check your preparations.
1. Alpha-keratin is a protein present in which thing?
2. Where was the first session of the Constituent Assembly held?
3. Which of the following is used as ‘a moderator in nuclear reactor?
4. Which planet looks reddish in the night sky?
5. What was the source of the blue gem stone, lapis lazuli, for the people of Harappan culture?
6. Sachin Tendulkar scored his 100th international century against which’country ?
7. In baseball, the two opposing teams consist of howmany players?
8. The improper function of which results in condition ‘Myxedema’ in human beings?
9. In 1610, Galileo Galilei discovered four moons of which planet?
10. In the Vedic society, which was the term used to denote a group of families?
11. Who was the Chairman’of the Union Constitution Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
12. Which element that does not occur in nature but can be produced artificially?
13. When had India a plan holiday?
14. How are Latitude and Longitude?
15. Which Philosophy holds that the world is created and maintained by Universal Law?
16. Which book is authored by V.S. Naipaul ?
17. Which can be used for biological control of mosquitoes?
18. Which proclamation of National Emergency automatically suspends?
19. The latitude of a place is the same as which place?
20. What was the script used in the earliest Tamil inscriptions?
1. Wool 2. New Delhi 3. Graphite 4. Mars 5. Afghanistan 6. Bangladesh 7. 9 players each 8. Thyroid gland 9. Jupiter 10. Grama 11. Jawaharlal Nehru 12. Plutonium 13. After the drought of 1966 14. Perpendicular to each other 15. Jain
Philosophy 16. A House for Mr. Biswas 17. Gambusia 18. Right to freedom 19. Celestial pole 20. Brahmi
1. In human body, which are the leg bones?
2. When the Vice-President acts as President he gets the emoluments of which post?
3. Which of the following is good nuclear fuel?
4. All the watches of a country are set according to which time?
5. Near the banks of which river excavations have brought to light that Indus Valley Civilization percolated to far south?
6. Which book is entitled as ‘Bible of Communism’ ?
7. Who is popularly known as ‘Nightingale of India’ ?
8. In metabolism, how enzymes act?
9. If it is 4 P.M. on Monday at 150°W, what will be the time at 150°E ?
10. The term nishka, which meant an ornament in the Vedic period, was used in latertirnes, what did it denote?
11. In India, the concept of single citizenship is adopted from which country?
12. Which is the essential element in all organic compounds?
13. Which is the oldest ‘stock exchange of India?
14. What are the ‘Temperate lows’?
15. Which are Tile earliest Buddhist literature that deal with the stories of the various birth of Buddha?
16. Dr. M. S. Swaminathan distinguished himself in which field?
17. By which plants is the maximum fixation of solar energy done?
18. In which year was the first no confidence motion moved in the Lok Sabha after independence?
19. Which hot and dry winds that help in the ripening or grapes in the Alps region?
20. Which language was used in the literature of Sangam period?
1. Humerus and Femur 2. President 3. Plutonium-239 4. Standard time of the country 5. Krishna
6. Das Kapital 7. Sarojini Naidu 8. As catalyst 9. 12 Noon on Tuesday 10. A coin
11. England 12. Carbon 13. Bombay Stock Exchange 14. Sub-polar low pressure belts 15. Jatakas
16. Agriculture 17. Green plants 18. 1963 19. Foehn 20. Tamil
1. What is the wavelength of visible spectrum?
2. The fragments of which comet system collided with Jupiter in July 1994 ?
3. The National Housing Bank was set up in India as a wholly-owned subsidiary of which bank?
4. Wine production is mainly carried out in natural region?
5. Which was the most important factor in transforming ancient Indian society into feudal society?
6. Which animal resembles most to human beings in terms of physical and mental capabilities?
7. From where can a Member of Parliament claim immunity?
8. Salts of which element pre vide colours to fireworks?
9. Where are the Postaz temperate grassland?
10. Which was the Chola king who conquered the northern part of Sri Lanka and made it a province of his
11. Where is the largest automobile manufacturing centre in the world located?
12. ORT (Oral Rehydration Therapy) is associated with the treatment of which disease?
13. To suspect HIV/AIDS in a young individual, which symptom is mostly associated with?
14. Which is the chief industry ofAfghanistan?
15. Why did Muhammad-bin-Tughlaq transfer his capital from Delhi to Daulatabad?
16. With which the executive power relating to concurrent subjects remain?
17. We cannot see during a fog. why?
18. Which situation makes a firm most efficient?
19. Silk textiles are mainly produced in which countries?
20. The Portuguese traveller, Nuniz visited Vijayanagar during the reign of which rular?
1. 3900-7600 A 2. Shoemaker-Levy 9 3. Reserve Bank of India 4. Mediterranean region
5. Practice of land grants 6.Chimpanzee 7. From civil cases only 8. Strontiur and barium 9. Hungary 10. Rajaraja
11. Detroit 12. Diarrhea 13.Chronic diarrhoea 14. Carpet making 15. To control South India better
16. The Centre 17. Because of scattering of light 18. Lowest average costs 19. China and India 20. Achyuta Raya
1. Which type of coal is difficult to light in the open air?
2. Leukaemia or blood cancer is characterised by abnormal increase of which cells?
3. Howmany subjects are in the Union list?
4. Which instrument instrument used for recording earthquake waves?
5. Which Mughalemperor gave land for the construction of the Golden Temple at Amritsar?
6. What does Oxidation involve?
7. Among South Asian countries which one is the Maternal Mortality Ratio (per 1,000 live births) lowest?
8. What is meant by ‘Underwriting’, the term frequently used in financial sector?
9. ‘Caldera’ is a feature associated with which thing?
10. Under the leadership of which Guru did the Sikh become a political and military force?
11. Which Part of plant is important for the life cycle of plant?
12. By which committee were Mandai Panchayats recommended?
13. What will be If a pendulum clock be taken from the earth to a revolving artificial satellite?
14. Which city is associated with the river Mekong?
15. Which decisive battle was fought during the Third Carnatic War between the English and the French?
16. Coolgardie lies in the Australian province of which direction?
17. Gum Gopi Krishna was a maestro of which dance form?
18. Which is an insectivorous plant?
19. A shipmet with an accident at 30°E and 35°N. Where was the ship was sailing?
20. Which gave an impetus to the growth of militant nationalism on a widespread scale?
1. Peat 2. White blood cells 3. 97 subjects 4. Seismograph 5. Akbar
6. Loss of electrons 7. Bangladesh 8. Under valuation of the assets. 9. Volcanoes 10. Guru Gobind Singh
11. Flower 12. Ashok Mehta Committee 13. It will stop altogether 14. Phnom-Penh 15. Wandiwash
16. Western Australia 17. Kathak 18. Pitcher plant 19. Mediterranean Sea 20. Partition of Bengal
1. Why was the Panchayati Raj System adopted?
2. In colourful diamond, Why are different colours present?
3. From the view of International economy, What does third World imply?
4. Which is a land-locked country?
5. The ruler of which State was removed from power by the British on the pretext of misgovernance ?
6. With which field was Satyajit Ray associated?
7. Which plant is referred to as a living fossil?
8. How long did the Constituent Assembly take to finally pass the Constitution?
9. What is the country through which both Equator and Tropic of Capricorn pass?
10. From where did the Quit India Movement start?
11. Which physical quantities have the same dimensions?
12. In which year did UN establish the UN Conference on Trade and Development?
13. Which Committee was formed to suggest means for eradicating black money?
14. The Karakoram Highway connects which pairs of countries?
15. Which Indian revolutionary helped Subhash Chandra Bose in raising ‘Indian National Army’?
16. Which crop would be preferred for sowing in order to enrich the soil with nitrogen?
17. Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly?
18. What is the number of unpaired electrons in carbon atom?
19. Which latitude passes through India?
20. Who propounded that ‘destiny determines everything, man is powerless?
1. Decentralise the power of democracy 2. Due to impurities 3. The developing countries 4. Zimbabwe 5. Awadh
6. Direction of films 7. Gingko 8. About 3 years since Dec 9, 1946 9. Brazil 10. Bombay on Aug. 8, 1942
11. Momentum and impulse 12. 1964 13. Cheiliah Committee 14. China-Pakistan 15. Rasbehari Bose
16. Gram 17. Dr. Rajendra Prasad 18. 2 19. Tropic of Cancer 20. Ajivakas