1. Which of the following was not one of the better known agricultural products of the Sangam Age?
2. Which of the following statement(s) is/ are found to be incorrect?
I. The Deoband Movement began in 1867, with an aim of uniting all Muslims, to preach the basic principles of Islam and to educate Muslims.
II. The Khalsa College was established in 189 in Amritsar by Dayal Das who led the Sikh Movement.
III. Swami Vivekananda, a priest at a temple in Dakshineswar near Calcutta, emphasized that there are many roads to God and Salvation and that service to man was service to God.
A. Only III
B. Only II
C. II and III
D. I and II
3. The Indus Valley people venerated the
4. Consider the following statements: AlBeruni’s Kitab-ul-Hind is
1. A sympathic study of Indian civilization.
2. Mainly a political history of India.
3. Critical of Mahmud Ghaznavi’ s plundering raids of India.
4. Mainly a study of India’s cultural, social and intellectual history. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
B. 1 and 4
C. 2 and 4
D. 1, 3 and 4
5. Rock Edict XIII (also known as Separate Rock Edict, because it is not found elsewhere) is regarded as one of the most important documents of Ashokan history, because:
A. It is the longest of the fourteen major Rock Edicts and is recorded in a tone of recapitulation
B. It expresses a new idea of conquest that of dhammavijaya instead of victory by war and violence
C. It expresses his regret and remorse at the suffering caused by the Kalinga War
D. All the above